3 days Nyungwe forest National park safari (Chimpanzee trekking in Rwanda)
3 days Nyungwe forest National park safari is one of the top Rwanda Safari wildlife Packages that a traveler can experience wen try to explore Rwanda’s biggest rainforest. This is a trip that favors chimpanzee lovers who have a short time in the country. Take off 3 days from your schedule to get lost in the breathtaking Nyungwe forest that has great sights and sounds if a rain forest. Nyungwe forest harbors more primates and attractions that you can choose to visit if you have more time to spare.
Trip highlights of 3 days Nyungwe forest National park safari
- Road trip from Kigali to Nyungwe forest
- Enroute museum visits
- King’s palace visit
- Chimpanzee trek
- Canopy walk
Day 1: Drive 5 hours from Kigali to Gisakura- Nyungwe forest
- Road trip to Nyungwe forest national park: By 8 am be ready to be met up by your driver guide to get a briefing on what to expect in the next 3 days. You will drive south of Rwanda with a stopover visit of the Butare museum and King’s palace visit to see the famous long horned cow. You will have lunch and drive out to the park arriving in the evening in time for check in at your hotel as preferred. Hotel options include the Gisakura visitor centre for budget, the Nyungwe top hill view for budget and the One and only Nyungwe house for the luxury option.
Day 2: Morning chimpanzee trek and afternoon canopy walk
- Chimpanzee trek: You will set out to the Gisakura briefing point as early as 5 am from your hotel in time for briefing of the Chimpanzee trek in Nyungwe forest national park. This is a long and tiring but worthy trek. You will spend about 5 hours in the forest in search for these playful creatures whose sounds you will hear right from the starting point up to when you exit the park Get back to your hotel for lunch and refreshments before the next activity of the day.
- Afternoon canopy walk: After lunch, you with your driver-guide will return to the park for the 2 pm canopy walk in Nyungwe forest. The canopy walk in Nyungwe forest is a 200 meter long bridge suspended 9 meters high to give you a view of the forest from above. Enjoy the breathtaking sounds and sights and fresh air of the untouched tropical rain forest from the bird’s view. Drive back to your hotel in time for dinner at the hotel as the night before. Spend your second night in Nyungwe.
Day 3: Drive back to Kigali via Butare (5-6 hours).
- Return drive to Kigali: You will have a tasty breakfast at your hotel and drive back to Kigali. This is a 5 to 6 hour drive from Nyungwe to Kigali. You may opt to visit the museums and the King’s palace if you did not have time to visit them on the first day. You will have an enroute lunch and arrive in Kigali in the evening for drop off at the airport or your preferred drop off location as you will advise.
End of 3 days Nyungwe forest National park
- Full time fueled vehicle
- Full-time English/ French speaking guide
- Accommodation as indicated in the plan
- Chimpanzee trek permit
- Canopy walk permit
- Kings palace visit fee
- Museum visit fee
- Bottled water enroute
- Meals that is breakfast, lunch and dinner
- International flights
- Personal needs like alcoholic beverages, phone calls, tips
- Any optional activities not included in the itinerary