5 Days Gorillas and Wildlife Safari
5 Days Gorillas and Wildlife safari is a perfect tour that will have travellers enjoying some of the amazing African wildlife while on game drives and the much sought after gorillas. This 5 Days Gorillas and Wildlife safari takes travellers to do gorilla trekking in Bwindi and game drives and launch cruises on the Kazinga Channel in Queen Elizabeth National Park, the home to abundant wildlife and birds that will leave you amazed. The tour starts and ends in Kigali, thus giving less road time to the travellers. While on this 5 Days Gorillas and Wildlife safari, travellers will have an opportunity to see animals like tree-climbing lions, elephants, Nile crocodiles, antelopes, kobs, buffaloes, hippos, mountain gorillas among so many others with a variety of birdlife with endemics to the Albertine Rift.
Tour Summary of 5 Days Gorillas and Wildlife safari:
- Day 1: Arrival in Kigali and Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Day 2: Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi
- Day 3: Batwa cultural experience, Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park and Night Game Drive
- Day 4: Morning Game Drive and Afternoon Launch Cruise
- Day 5: Transfer to Kigali for Outbound Flight
Day 1: Arrival in Kigali and Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Arrival in Kigali: On this first day of your 5 Days Gorillas and Wildlife safari, upon your arrival in Kigali, you will be met by our company driver-guide who will welcome you to the country and brief you about the safari. Depending on your time of arrival, you may have a Kigali city tour that will have you seeing some of the monumental areas and pieces of Rwanda that depict its culture and history. You will visit the genocide memorial centre, the Rwanda museum among so many others.
- Transfer to Bwindi: After, you will proceed to transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park in Uganda via the Cyanika/Katuna border. The drive is approximately 4 hours from Kigali International Airport, and be sure to enjoy the rolling hills of Rwanda and more beautiful sceneries like vast tea plantations.
- Upon your arrival in Bwindi, check in to your accommodation, relax as you await your sumptuous dinner, and thereafter an overnight stay.
Day 2: Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi
- Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi: Today, you will enjoy gorilla trekking in Bwindi! After your early breakfast at the lodge, proceed to the park headquarters for briefing about the impending gorilla trekking experience. This is done by park rangers and officials who also provide you with rules and regulations that you are supposed to follow. After briefing, you will be placed in groups of 8 and allocated a gorilla group, and then proceed to search for gorillas in their natural habitat. While in the search of the gorillas, look out for other animals in the jungles and also birds. Once you encounter the gorillas, enjoy your time with them to the fullest as they go about their daily life. You can choose to take pictures and videos for your keeps. After an hour is elapsed, trek back to the headquarters with a lunch stopover in the jungle. At the headquarters, you will receive your gorilla trekking certificate. Return to your accommodation, relax for the rest of the afternoon at your leisure as you wait for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 3: Batwa cultural experience, Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park and Night Game Drive
- Batwa cultural experience: On this third day of your 5 Days Gorillas and Wildlife safari, you will have an early breakfast, check out of the lodge and proceed for a Batwa cultural experience. The Batwa are an indigenous people who dwelt in the forest and co-existed with the animals and plants. They were hunters and gatherers who got evicted from the forest. During the Batwa cultural experience, the Batwa will take you through how they lived back then.
- Transfer to Queen: After the cultural experience, you will transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park making a lunch stopover en-route. You will arrive through the Ishasha sector of Queen Elizabeth National Park, the home of the tree-climbing lions. Enjoy a game drive as you proceed to your accommodation. Check in and relax at the lodge.
- Night Game Drive: You will then proceed for a night game drive in the park where you will have a great opportunity to see a number of nocturnal animals like leopards, lions among others. Return to the lodge, have dinner and then an overnight stay.
Day 4: Morning Game Drive and Afternoon Launch Cruise
- Morning Game Drive: Early in the morning, have a cup of coffee and then head out before sunrise for an early morning game drive around the vast savannah plains of Queen Elizabeth National Park. You will see many animals like buffaloes, kobs, elephants and many others. Return to the lodge for your breakfast and spend the rest of the morning at leisure.
- Afternoon Launch Cruise: Have lunch at the lodge and thereafter head out for an afternoon launch cruise on the Kazinga channel that joins Lake Edward to Lake Albert. This launch cruise is another opportunity for you to see more wildlife and birds say hippos, Nile crocodiles and other water animals, as the land animals on the shores come for an afternoon drink. The launch cruise takes approximately 2 hours. After, return to the lodge as you enjoy yet another game drive. Once at the lodge, relax as you wait for dinner and then an overnight stay.
Day 5: Transfer to Kigali for Outbound Flight
- Transfer to Kigali: On this last day of your 5 Days Gorillas and Wildlife safari, you will have breakfast at leisure and thereafter proceed for the drive back to Kigali. Enjoy another game drive as you leave the park, and also enjoy the scenic beauty of the countryside as you get on the way. You will have lunch en-route and thereafter drive to Kigali International Airport for your outbound flight.
End of 5 Days Gorillas and Wildlife safari
- Gorilla permit
- Transportation to and from the airport and during the safari
- Services of an English speaking driver-guide
- En-route lunches
- All park entrance fees and activities in the itinerary
- Full board accommodation
- Bottled drinking water in the tour vehicle
- Air ticket
- Tips and souvenirs
- Extra activities not included in the itinerary
- Personal expenses like laundry, telephone, cigarettes etc.