3 days Kahuzi Biega Safari Tour
3 days Kahuzi Biega Safari Tour is a trip that favors lowland gorilla lovers who have a short time in the country. Take off 3 days from your schedule to get lost in the breathtaking Kahuzi Biega forest that has great sights and sounds if a rain forest. Kahuzi biega harbors more primates aside from the lowland gorillas and attractions that you can choose to visit if you have more time to spare.
Trip highlights of 3 days Kahuzi Biega Safari Tour
- Road trip from Kigali to Nyungwe forest
- Enroute museum visits
- King’s palace visit
- Lowland Gorilla trek in Kahuzi Biega
Day 1: Drive 7 hours from Kigali and drive to Rusizi border
- Road trip to Bukavu via Nyungwe forest national park: By 7 am be ready to be met up by your driver guide to get a briefing on what to expect in the next 3 days. You will drive south of Rwanda with a stopover visit of the Butare museum and King’s palace visit to see the famous long horned cow. You will have lunch and drive out to cross the DRCongo-Rwanda Rusizi border arriving in the early evening hours. Drive to your hotel in Bukavu in time for check in at the hotel and dinner. Retire for the day as you warm up for the next day.
Day 2: Lowland gorilla trek in Kahuzi Biega
- Lowland gorilla trek: Big day where you wake up to drive to the park in the early morning hours in time for the 7 am brief before the gorilla trek. The Kahuzi biega national park is famous for the existence of the lowland gorillas which you will set out to trek for about 2 hours before you meet the family of gorillas and spend an hour in their presence watching them go about their day. If you are interested you may request in advance to spend more hours with the gorillas at a different fee. This is considered as Gorilla habituation in Kahuzi biega national park. After a fruitful day, drive back to your hotel in Bukavu for a late lunch and spend the evening at leisure relaxing in the lounge of the hotel or at the balcony of your hotel room. Later in the evening, connect for dinner and the second night in Bukavu.
Day 3: Drive back to Kigali via Nyungwe.
- Return drive to Kigali: You will have a tasty breakfast at your hotel and drive back to Kigali. This is a 6 to 7-hour drive from Bukavu to Kigali. You may opt to visit the museums and the King’s palace if you did not have time to visit them on the first day. You will have an enroute lunch and arrive in Kigali in the evening for drop off at the airport or your preferred drop off location as you will advise.
End of 3 days Kahuzi Biega Safari Tour
- Full time fueled vehicle
- Full-time English/ french speaking guide
- Accommodation as indicated in the plan
- Lowland gorilla trek
- Chimpanzee trek permit
- Canopy walk permit
- Kings palace visit fee
- Museum visit fee
- Bottled water enroute
- Meals that is breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- International flights
- Personal needs like alcoholic beverages, phone calls, tips
- Any optional activities not included in the itinerary